Forex option expiries for the 10am New York cut 18 May
Forex option expiries for the 10am NY (14.00 GMT) cut 18 May
- EURUSD: 1.1000 (EUR 4.5bln) 1.1050 (578m) 1.1076 (455m) 1.1150 (362m) 1.1180 (227m)
- USDJPY: 110.00 (USD 408m) 110.20 (240m) 111.55 (350m) 112.00 (253m)
- GBPUSD: 1.2860-65 (GBP 541m) 1.2900 (740m) 1.3000 (424m)
- EURGBP: 0.8600 (EUR 330m)
- AUDUSD: 0.7350 (AUD 248m) 0.7390-0.7400 (842m) 0.7500 (333m)
- NZDUSD: 0.6960 (NZD 224m)
- EURJPY: 125.00 (EUR 477m)
No doubting the impact yesterday on USDCAD, AUDUSD and to a lesser degree but still notable EURUSD. Just check your charts for p/a leading into, at, and directly after14.00 GMT if you're still not sure.
Today's large ones on EURUSD are a bit too far away to have impact at current levels (1.1142) but be aware should we retreat anywhere close. Those on GBPUSD and AUDUSD potentially in play.
Remember that these are "vanilla" options so still in play right up to expiry at 14.00 GMT on the day even if breached in the meantime, unlike barrier options which cease to be once hit. The actual amounts can change right up to expiry.
For my latest post on how to use this info click here.